White Paper: Partnerships of the Goals
Who’s behind it? – UBS
How can it help? – With this White Paper , UBS explores how specific types of partnerships can achieve the SDGs. The key findings are that fulfillment of the SDGs demands new approaches to philanthropy and sustainable investing; and that partnerships for the goals are critical to building these approaches. It suggests that:
- Private wealth managers need to work more closely with multilateral development banks (MDB).
- Financial firms need to work together to standardize sustainable and impact investing conventions, including targeting market levels of financial return.
- Financial firms must work together to fashion innovative solutions that full the gaps in the SDG funding landscape.
- Philanthropic clients are increasingly moving away from solely giving money toward collaboration and adopting more impactful philanthropy models.
- Firms can create incremental benefits by introducing social entrepreneurs to their stakeholders.