Who’s behind it? – World Benchmarking Alliance
How can it help? – The SDG2000 list identifies developed by the World Benchmarking Alliance identifies the 2,000 most influential, forward-looking companies on the SDGs, and well-positioned to help delivering the SDG Agenda by 2030.
The list is comprised of companies which collectively make up half of the entire global economy and are responsible for $43 trillion in revenue. WBA identified the keystone companies within seven transformations and relevant industries to shape a list that goes beyond just size, by also looking at impact and influence.
Among the key findings:
- The list has a global footprint with headquarters across seventy- four countries from Algeria to
- One in four of the companies are headquartered in developing, emerging or frontier
markets. The most influential companies by number of headquarters are US, EU, China, Japan
- The list spans industries from apparel, asset managers and agricultural products to telecoms,
utilities and waste management by direct impact and through supply chains
- A number of companies are so diversified that they feature across four of the seven
- The circular economy – circular is currently the largest transformation with 750 companies