Investing with SDG outcomes: A five-part framework
Who’s behind it? – UN Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
How can it help? – The Investing with SDG outcomes: A five-part framework developed by the UN’s Principles for Responsible Investment provides a high-level framework for any investors looking to shape real-world outcomes in line with the SDGs. It outlines five parts:
- Identify outcomes – investors individually identify and understand the unintended outcomes from current investment activities.
- Set policies and targets – investors individually set policies and targets for their intentional activities to shape outcomes in line with the SDGs.
- Investors shape outcomes – investors individually seek to increase positive outcomes, decrease negative outcomes and measure progress toward established targets.
- Financial system shapes outcomes – investors, in aggregate and collectively, seek to increase positive outcomes, decrease negative outcomes and measure collective progress.
- Global stakeholders collaborate to achieve outcomes in line with the SDGs – investors work with broader stakeholders – including businesses, governments, academia, NGOs, consumers, citizens and the media – to globally achieve all SDGs.