Wastewater Zero: A call to action for business to raise ambition for SDG 6.3
Who’s behind it? – WBSCD
How can it help? – The Wastewater Zero: A call to action for business to raise ambition for SDG 6.3 report developed by WBCSD provides a six-point action framework for businesses to address the problem of industrial wastewater pollution:
- Circularity: Incorporate principles of circularity throughout the organization.
- Targets and metrics: Establish targets and metrics based on science and context.
- Valuing water: Value water to minimize negative externalities and incentivize reuse.
- Disclosure: Improve disclosure beyond compliance.
- Partnerships: Invest in public-private partnerships.
- Value chain: Incentivize and support value chain partners.
This report, the action framework it articulates and the commitment towards “Wastewater Zero” it compels business to make can help businesses join us in raising the ambition for SDG 6.3 – which calls for halving the proportion of untreated wastewater and substantially increasing recycling and safe reuse.